Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
Serves 4. Prep time 30 minutes, cooking time 1 hour.
- 2.5 lb boneless/skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces (or 3 lb bone-in drumsticks and thighs if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1½ tbsp paprika
- 1½ tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp cumin
Mix Marinade ingredients and add chicken. Set aside to marinade for 20 minutes.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and wait until the display indicates the insert is heated (it’ll say “On”).
- Add the butter. Once it’s clarified, add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
Add chicken broth to deglaze the pot, and stir in the Spice Mix.
- Pour in the can of tomatoes. Mix thoroughly and cook for a couple minutes.
- Hit “Cancel” to stop the pot from cooking. Stir in the marinated chicken.
- Set the pressure cooker:
- Close and lock the lid.
- Make sure the steam vent is in the “Sealing” position.
- Press “Manual” and set the timer to 15 minutes. Click “Pressure” and set to “High Pressure”.
After the Instant Pot is done cooking, allow the pressure to naturally release.
Remove lid. Add heavy cream and let the pot simmer until sauce is thickened.
Ready to cook delicious meals in no time flat?
Get the best price and fastest delivery through Amazon Prime!