Instant Pot Saag Paneer
Serves 4. Prep time 15 minutes, cooking time 35 minutes.
- 2 lb spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 lb mustard leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 12 oz paneer, cut into small cubes
Note: Whole Foods sells uncooked paneer
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot and wait until the display indicates the insert is heated (it’ll say “On”).
- Add the butter. Once melted, add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
Stir in the Spice Mix and add the spinach and mustard leaves. Cook until slightly wilted.
- Press “Keep Warm/Cancel” button.
Set the pressure cooker:
- Close and lock the lid.
- Make sure the steam vent is in the “Sealing” position.
- Press “Poultry” to cook for 15 minutes.
After the Instant Pot is done cooking, allow the pressure to naturally release (about 15 minutes).
- Pour contents of the Instant Pot into a blender and pulse to desired consistency.
Stir in yogurt and paneer, and “Sauté” on low for 5 minutes.
Ready to cook delicious meals in no time flat?
Get the best price and fastest delivery through Amazon Prime!